2. The Agreement, inter alia, provides the terms that govern your access to use: (i) Power Sutra’s website www.powersutra.co, and its mobile and tablet applications (collectively “Platforms”) which undertake sale of lifestyle and fashion merchandise (“Products”), and (ii) the sale of Products, and any other service that may be provided by Power Sutra from time to time (collectively referred to as the “Services”.
3. You hereby understand and agree that the Agreement forms a binding contract between Power Sutra and anyone who accesses, browses, or purchases the Products and uses the Services in any manner (“User”) and accordingly, you hereby agree to be bound by the terms contained in the Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms contained in the Agreement, you are strongly advised not to proceed with purchasing the Products or using the Services. The terms contained in the Agreement shall be accepted without modification. The use of the Services would constitute acceptance of the terms of the Agreement.
4. Terms and Conditions Applicable to Users:
- 4.1 Users must be 18 years of age or older to register or visit or use the Services in any manner. By registering, visiting or using the Services, you hereby represent and warrant to Power Sutra that you are 18 years of age or older, and that you have the right, authority and capacity to use the Services, and agree to abide by the Agreement. If a User is below 18 years of age, it is assumed that he/ she is using/ browsing the Platforms under the supervision of his/ her parent or legal guardian and that such User’s parent or legal guardian has read and agrees to the terms of this Agreement, including terms of purchase of Products, on behalf of the minor User. Should Power Sutra be made aware that a User is under the age of 18 and is using/ browsing the Platforms without the supervision of his/ her parent or legal guardian, Power Sutra reserves the right to deactivate such User’s account without further notice.
- 4.2 The Agreement is governed by the provisions of Indian law (including, but not limited to, the Indian Contract Act, 1872 and the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules/ regulations/ guidelines made thereunder).
- 4.3 The contents of Services, information, text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software code, interface, design and the collection, arrangement and assembly of the content on the Platforms or any of the other Services are the property of Power Sutra, its parent company, group companies, subsidiaries, associates, affiliates, suppliers, vendors and sister companies, as the case may be (“Power Sutra Content”), and are protected under copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. You shall not modify the Power Sutra Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, reverse engineer or otherwise use the Power Sutra Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose or for personal gain.
- 4.4 Power Sutra authorises you to view and access the Power Sutra Content solely for identifying Products, carrying out purchases of Products and processing returns and refunds, in accordance with policies of Power Sutra. Power Sutra, therefore, grants you a limited, revocable permission to access and use the Services. This permission does not include a permission for carrying out any resale of the Products or commercial use of the Power Sutra Content, any collection and use of product listings, description, or prices, and, any derivative use of the Platforms or of Power Sutra Content. Power Sutra reserves the right to refuse Services without disclosing the reasons for the same.
- 4.5 As means to assist the Users in identifying the Products of their choice, Power Sutra provides visual representations on the Platforms including graphics, illustrations, photographs, images, videos, charts, screenshots, infographics and other visual aids. While reasonable efforts are made to provide accurate visual representations, Power Sutra disclaims any guarantee or warranty of exactness of such visual representation or description of the Product, with the actual Product ultimately delivered to Users. The appearance of the Product when delivered may vary for various reasons.
- 4.6 Users may make purchases on the Platforms. For the purposes of identifying a User, Power Sutra may, from time to time, collect certain personally identifiable information such as your first name and last name, email address, mobile phone number, postal address, other contact information, demographic profile, etc. Users may also register themselves on the Platforms. Registration on the Platforms is one-time, and you are required to remember your username and password and keep the same confidential. In the event where you have misplaced your username and password details, you can retrieve and change the same using the “forgot username/password” option on the Platforms.
- 4.7 The User shall assume all risks, liabilities, and consequences if his/ her account has been accessed illegally or without authorisation through means such as hacking and if through such unauthorised access, a purchase of Products has been made through the Services. It is specifically clarified that payments of monies towards any Products purchased through the Services by unauthorised or illegal use of the User’s account shall entirely be borne by the User.
- 4.8 Display of Products for purchase on the Platforms is merely an invitation to offer. An order placed by a User for purchase of a Product constitutes an offer. All orders placed by Users on the Platforms are subject to the availability of such Product, Power Sutra’s acceptance of the User’s offer and the User’s continued adherence to the terms of the Agreement.
- 4.9 You agree to maintain and promptly update all data provided by you and to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, or if Power Sutra has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, or not in accordance with the terms of the Agreement, Power Sutra reserves the right to indefinitely suspend, terminate or block your access to the Platforms, and refuse to provide you with access to the Platforms in future.
- 4.10 All rights and liabilities of Power Sutra with respect to any Services to be provided by it shall be restricted to the scope of the Agreement. In addition to the Agreement, you shall also ensure that you are in compliance with the terms and conditions of the third parties, whose links are contained/ embedded in the Services. It is hereby clarified that Power Sutra shall not be held liable for any transaction between you and any such third parties.
- 4.11 You understand that on your registration as a User or on your purchase of Products on the Platforms, you may receive text messages (including through internet-based mobile messaging) and/ or emails from Power Sutra on your registered mobile number and/ or email address. These messages and/ or emails could relate inter alia to your registration, Power Sutra’s acceptance or rejection of your offer to purchase a Product, payment information, Product dispatch information, information pertaining to other activities you carry out on the Platforms and information pertaining to the promotions that are undertaken by Power Sutra (or third parties in connection with the Platforms) from time to time. It is specifically clarified that a text message and/ or an email confirming the receipt of your order is not an acceptance from Power Sutra that the Product will be delivered. Power Sutra’s acceptance to your offer to purchase shall occur and conclude only when the Products have been dispatched by Power Sutra and a text message and/ or email confirming such dispatch has been sent to you by Power Sutra. Power Sutra, at all times, reserves the right to limit the quantity of items in, or cancel an order prior to dispatch.
- 4.12 Any communication from Power Sutra shall be sent only to your registered mobile number and/or email address or such other contact number or email address that you may designate, for any particular transaction. You shall be solely responsible to update your registered mobile number and/or email address on the Platforms in the event there is a change. Further, Power Sutra may also send you notifications and reminders with respect to scheduled deliveries of the purchased Products. While Power Sutra shall make every endeavour to share prompt reminders and notifications relating to the delivery of purchased Products with you, Power Sutra shall not be held liable for any failure to send such notifications or reminders to you.
- 4.13 Power Sutra may, at any time and without having to service any prior notice to you (even after placement of any orders for Products): (i) upgrade, update, change, modify, or improve the Services or a part of the Services in a manner it may deem fit, and (ii) change the contents of the Agreement in substance, or as to procedure or otherwise; in each case which will be applicable to all Users. You hereby agree that this is in the fairness of things given the nature of the business and its operations and you will abide by them. As such, you must keep yourself updated at all times and review the terms of the Agreement from time to time. Such changes shall be made applicable when they are posted. Power Sutra may also alter or remove any content from the Platforms without notice.
- 4.14 While Power Sutra shall make reasonable endeavours to maintain high standards of security and shall provide the Services by using reasonable efforts, Power Sutra shall not be liable for any interruption that may be caused to your access or use of the Services.
- 4.15 Access to and registration on the Platforms is free of cost. Power Sutra may modify the Fee and other policies of Power Sutra, to include a fee on access and browsing of the Platforms, or for use of any new service introduced by Power Sutra without serving prior notice on the Users.
- 4.16 The Services included on or otherwise made available to the Users through the Platforms are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representations or warranties, express or implied, except if otherwise specified in writing. Power Sutra does not covenant or warrant that:
The User hereby affirms that the information provided by him / her is true, correct and complete to the best of his / her knowledge and belief. The User agrees and understands that he / she will be solely responsible in the event of any inaccuracy or deviation therefrom at a later stage.
- the Services will be made available at all times
- the Power Sutra Content available on the Platforms is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading
- the Products are of specified merchantability, merchantable quality and fit for use for a particular purpose
5. User Covenants and Obligation
- 5.1 Power Sutra hereby informs you that you are prohibited from hosting, displaying, uploading, modifying, publishing, transmitting, updating or sharing any information that: (i) belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right; (ii) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise harmful in any manner whatsoever; (iii) harms minors in any way; (iv) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights; (v) violates any law for the time being in force; or (vi) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource.
- 5.2 You are prohibited from: (i) violating or attempting to violate the integrity or security of the Platforms or the Power Sutra Content; (ii) transmitting any information on or through the Platforms that is disruptive or competitive to the provision of Services by Power Sutra; (iii) intentionally submitting on the Platforms, false or inaccurate information; (iv) using any engine, software, tool, agent or other mechanism (such as spiders, robots, avatars, worms, time bombs, easter eggs, cancel bots, intelligent agents, etc.) to navigate or search the Platforms; (v) attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any part of the Platforms; or (vi) copying or duplicating in any manner any of the Power Sutra Content.
- 5.3 You are also obligated to: (i) refrain from acquiring any ownership rights by downloading the Power Sutra Content; (ii) read the Agreement and agree to accept the terms and conditions set out therein; (iii) refrain from copying or modifying the Power Sutra Content available on the Platforms for any purpose; (iv) comply with all applicable laws in connection with your use of the Platforms; (v) not refuse the delivery of purchased Products except when damages and deficiencies can be identified upfront at the time of delivery; and (vi) use the Products for personal, non-commercial use.
6. You hereby authorise Power Sutra to declare and provide declarations to any Governmental authority on request on your behalf, including that the Products ordered by you are for personal, noncommercial use.
8. Third Party Information
- 8.1 All information in relation to third parties as available on the Platforms (collectively referred to as “Third Party Information”) are provided solely for your reference. Power Sutra is not endorsing the Third-Party Information and is not responsible for any errors and representation nor is it associated with it and you shall access the Third-Party Information at your own risk.
- 8.2 Further, it is up to you to take sufficient precautions to ensure that whatever links you select, whether from the Platforms, or other Services, is free of such items such as, but not limited to, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
- 9.1 All the intellectual property used on the Platforms by Power Sutra, including the Power Sutra Content, shall remain the property of Power Sutra, its parent company, group companies, subsidiaries, associates, affiliates, suppliers, vendors, sister companies or of any third party hosting such intellectual property on the Platforms. Except as expressly provided in the Agreement, the materials may not be modified, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, sold, compiled, posted or transmitted in any form by any means, including but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or other means, without the prior express written permission of Power Sutra, its parent company, group companies, subsidiaries, associates, affiliates, suppliers, vendors, sister companies or any third party hosting such material on the Platforms, as the case may be.
- 9.2 If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been used in a way that raises concerns of infringement, please write to us at email@example.com and let us know of your concerns.
10. Unlawful or Prohibited Use
- 10. 1You warrant to Power Sutra that you will comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding the use of the Services and any other related activities. You further warrant that you will not use the Platforms in any way prohibited by terms contained in the Agreement or under applicable law.
- 11.1 You acknowledge and undertake that you are accessing the Services and purchasing the Products at your own risk and that you are using prudent judgment before placing an order for a Product or availing any Services through the Platforms. Power Sutra shall, at no point, be held liable or responsible for any representations or warranties in relation to the Products. Refund of the price paid for the purchase of a Product or replacement thereof shall be governed by the return and refund policies of Power Sutra.
- 11.2 Power Sutra does not provide or make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied about the Platforms, Products or the Services, and all implied warranties under law or contract are to the maximum extent possible hereby disclaimed.
- 11.3 The maximum aggregate liability of Power Sutra, in respect of all Services provided, and all transactions undertaken by the User by using the Services, shall be limited to a maximum of INR 1,000 (Indian Rupees one thousand).
- 12.1 You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Power Sutra, its affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, employees, consultants, licensors, agents, representatives, assigns, successors from any and all claims, losses, damages, and/or costs (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising from: (i) your access to or use of the Services or Products, (ii) violation of the Agreement, (iii) infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account with Power Sutra, (iv) action or inaction on behalf of Power Sutra ’s third party affiliates, manufacturers, vendors, suppliers and logistic partners in providing services; and (v) infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. Power Sutra shall notify you promptly of such claim, loss, liability, or demand, and in addition to your foregoing obligations, you agree to provide Power Sutra with reasonable assistance, at your expense, in defending any such claim, loss, liability, damage or cost. The rights of Power Sutra are cumulative in nature, and indemnity is not an exhaustive right of Power Sutra, and Power Sutra may, at its own discretion, exercise any rights available to it under law or equity.
13. Grievance Officer
Any grievances which you may have with respect to the information shared by you with Power Sutra hereunder and its treatment, may be directed by you to the grievance officer of Power Sutra at the below mentioned coordinates:
Name: Anju Bakshi
Phone Number: +91-7827-122-980
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: C-73, Raheja Atlantis, Sector 31, Gurgaon-122002, Haryana
Designation: Grievance Officer
- 14.1 If any provision of the Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability shall attach only to such provision and the remaining part of such provision and all other provisions of the Agreement shall continue to be in full force and effect.
15. Term and Termination
- The Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use any Service in any form or capacity.
- Power Sutra reserves the right to terminate its Services provided to you in the event of breach of any terms contained in the Agreement, misrepresentation of information, any unlawful activity or if Power Sutra is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to it.
- The User may terminate the Agreement at any time, provided that the User discontinues any further use of the Platforms or Services.
- It is specifically clarified that any termination of the Agreement by a User shall not cancel the User’s obligation to pay for a Product purchased on the Platforms, or any other obligation which has accrued, or is unfulfilled and relates to the period, prior to termination.
- Any provision of the Agreement which imposes an obligation or creates a right that by its nature will be valid after termination or expiration of the Agreement shall survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement.
16. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
- 16.1 The Agreement and any contractual obligation between Power Sutra and you under the Agreement shall be governed by the laws of India, subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Gurgaon.
- 17.1 Power Sutra ’s failure to enforce any provision of the Agreement or respond to a breach by a User or User shall in no way imply a waiver of Power Sutra’s right to subsequently enforce any provision of the terms of the Agreement or to act with respect to similar breaches by a User or User.
- 18.1 All notices and communications shall be in writing, in English and shall be deemed given if delivered personally or by commercial messenger or courier service, or mailed by registered or certified mail (return receipt requested) or sent by email, with due acknowledgment or complete transmission to the following address:
Postal Address: C-73, Raheja Atlantis, Sector 31, Gurgaon-122002, Haryana
Email Address: email@example.com
- 19.1 Headings, subheadings, titles, subtitles to clauses, sub-clauses and paragraphs are for information only and shall not form part of the operative provisions of the Agreement and shall be ignored in construing the same.
- 19.2 Words denoting the singular shall include the plural and words denoting any gender shall include all genders.
- 19.3 The words “include” and “including” are to be construed without limitation.