Wondering how to dress a pear body shape? No worries! Understand the type of outfits that will help you rock a pear-shaped body and slay all your looks! Read on for some expert pear body shape clothing styles and fashion advice!
If you’re someone who likes to stay on top of the latest trends, you’ll know that not every trend works for you. Why is that? It’s because different body types for women tend to emphasise different features. The key is to find the balance while highlighting your essential features. Deciphering your body shape will help you choose the outfits that enhance your features and make the most of your shape.
Let’s take a look at one of the most common body types: the pear shape. Not sure if you’re a pear body type yet? It’s pretty simple: classic pear shapes, as the name suggests, have narrower shoulders and waists compared to their hips and thighs.
Sound like you?
Some classic examples of a pear body shape are celebrities like Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and Beyonce. If you’re looking for outfit ideas, we’ve got the low-down on how to dress for a pear body shape and rock your outfits!
Pear Body Shape Outfit Ideas
There are two ways to approach dressing for a pear-shaped body. One is to take advantage of your curvaceous bottom and draw attention to it with figure-hugging outfits. However, if you want to distract focus from that area, consider keeping it understated for the bottom half of your body and go brighter on the top half with interesting prints, exaggerated sleeves and statement jewellery. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Use V neck or scoop neck tops along with chunky necklaces and earrings to take the attention away from your hips
- Wear bright, colourful and printed tops to highlight your upper body
- Opt for off-shoulder numbers and bardot necklines
- Strike a balance and even out proportions with double-breasted jackets, ruffles, pussy bow detailing and statement sleeves
- Cinch the midsection with a belt to streamline your silhouette below
These small changes in the way you dress help create an illusion of an hourglass figure by making your legs and hips appear smaller while making your shoulders appear broad.
The Best Outfits for a Pear Body shape
Now that we’ve established a type of baseline, let’s get more specific with the outfits. Here are the best dresses, tops, bottoms and jackets to wear for a pear body shape.
The Perfect Tops for Pear-shaped Bodies
Finding the right top for a pear body shape is real easy. All you need to do is focus on tops that highlight your upper body with bright, bold colours and prints as well as accentuate your well-defined waist.
- Boat neck tops: The horizontal neckline in a boat neck top helps broaden your shoulders. Bonus points for a chunky necklace or a colourful printed scarf. It can be extremely eye-catching and draw attention to your top half.
- Statement sleeved blouses: Wearing exaggerated sleeves adds a great deal of drama to your shoulders and arms, helping to balance out your proportions. Not to mention, dramatic sleeves are one of the biggest fashion trends of 2022, so it’s definitely something to look for right now.
- Pleated tops: Tops with pleated details help to add volume to your upper body and give it a breezy feel.
Trendy Bottoms for Pear-Shaped figures
There are plenty of amazing ways to highlight the curviest part of your silhouette. The best trousers for pear-shaped figures include high-waisted and boot-cut styles. A good rule of thumb would be to avoid skinny fit pants in favour of straight or flared styles.
- Wide-leg trousers: Wide-legged trousers help to create volume and emphasize your lower half. While wearing these, you could keep your top half fitted.
- Fit and flare skirts: Umbrella cut flares are a great way to cinch your well-defined waist and shoot past your wide thighs.
- Straight-legged trousers: Just like wide-legged trousers, straight-legged pants are also great for creating a well-balanced look and help to even out proportions.
Flawless Dresses for a Pear-Shaped Body
Picking a dress for a pear-shaped body is a piece of cake as you have a lot of fun options. Here are a few of our favourites:
- A-line dresses: A-line dresses are especially great to skim over a wider bottom while highlighting your waist.
- Fit and flare dresses: Similar to A-line dresses, fit and flare dresses are also great for pear-shaped bodies and help highlight your waist a lot more.
- Off-the-shoulder: There’s no better way to highlight your upper body than with an off-shoulder dress.
Now that you know how to dress a pear shape body, what’s holding you back? There may be a few pieces that you feel more confident in, so don’t hesitate to experiment with your clothing till you find the kind of style that you’re comfortable with and then tweak it to your personal preference. So go ahead, embrace your body shape, dress for your own gaze and trust your instincts!
Cheers to a stylish you, power woman!